- Editors: Arnold von Eckardstein & Christoph J. Binder
- Published in HEP book series, volume 270, 2022 (open access)
- Springer https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-86076-9
The Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology (HEP) is one of the most authoritative and influential book series in pharmacology.
It provides critical and comprehensive discussions of the most significant areas of pharmacological research. It is written by leading international authorities, and its editors, Profs Arnold von Eckardstein and Christoph Binder are, respectively, the EAS Journals’ Editor in Chief and Society Vice President.
A compendium of state-of-the-art and most recent developments in atherosclerosis research
This publication is a follow-up edition of the well-received Handbook volume ‘Atherosclerosis: Diet and Drugs’. It reflects the state-of-the-art and most recent developments in atherosclerosis research. In it, outstanding international experts give a comprehensive overview of the field, covering topics such as improving the treatment focusing on established targets, novel drug developments addressing pre-defined targets, hypothesis-based and hypothesis-free approaches to unravel novel targets.
Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis in summary
- Summarizes the latest studies on the management of cardiovascular risk factors
- Reviews exhaustively the key recent research into the pathogenesis of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases
- Outlines various strategies of identifying and validating novel targets for prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis
EAS and Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology – download your free copy
As part of the educational activities of the Society, EAS has financed the open access publication of this Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology. We want to make the Handbook widely available, to foster the training and promotion of early career scientists and the dissemination of old and new knowledge on ASCVD and their risk factors to the scientific and medical community as well as the lay public.