EAS Newsletter May 16, 2023
EAS Congress 2023 in Mannheim is about to start!
#EASCongress2023 is starting this Sunday. We look forward to welcoming you to the 91st Annual Congress of the European Atherosclerosis Society, gathering clinicians and atherosclerosis scientists from all over the world in Mannheim and online.
We can’t wait to meet all of you. The biggest, annual event in the atherosclerosis field will be held May 21-24 in Mannheim, Germany.
If you are not registered yet, it’s good to know that:
– Registration is still open for both onsite and online attendance
– Our virtual platform will allow you to attend live sessions, view recorded presentations, ask questions, interact with fellow attendees, and access all the congress materials on demand.
– Register now by following the link below
If you will be attending #EASCongress2023:
– Learn more about the various programme of EAS 2023 we have and choose the most engaging sessions to attend, it’s time to create your Congress calendar
– Explore the Mannheim in your free time and immerse yourself in the vibrant cultural and economic centre of Baden-WürttembergTo scientific programmeWhat to do in Mannheim
Maximizing your EAS Congress 2023 experience: Social Media Tips and Hashtag
To enhance your experience and ability to connect with people, we encourage you to share information about the EAS Congress, and your participation in it, on social media during the event.
The official hashtag for the EAS Congress 2023 is #EASCongress2023. Hashtags help connect users within related conversations and are also searchable, making them a valuable resource for both clinicians and patients.
Here are some tips and ideas on what to share during your attendance at EAS Congress 2023:
– Retweet and repost live coverage coming from Congress.
– Take photos and post them on Facebook and Twitter.
– Take mini videos with your phone, catching the vibe of the Congress and the onsite atmosphere.
– Make a video of yourself! Tell us how you see the Congress.
– Attending online? Capture how you are experiencing the Congress via photos and videos. Where are you? Are you at your home, clinic, office or hospital?
– Share your thoughts, ideas and impressions
You can use the official graphics for your social media posts.
All information needed to follow our Social Media Toolkit is uploaded here:To Social Media Toolkit
EAS Commentary on the 2023 Updated consensus statement on homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia
We are delighted to announce that our latest EAS statement on homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia, which aims to improve global patient care, was published on May 3, 2023. The statement is freely accessible in Open Access, ensuring widespread availability.
In addition, we have published our EAS commentary on this paper. It provides a summary of the latest advancements in the field of atherosclerosis and related diseases, specifically focusing on the updates from 2023. We encourage you to explore this commentary and actively engage in the discussion surrounding these new developments.To EAS commentaryTo Updated EAS statement on the HoFH consensus
EAS Elections: Announcing candidates
We are pleased to inform that the candidates for the open positions on the Executive Committee (EC) have been announced.
The EAS Executive Committee is the elected governing body responsible for the management of the Society. Its members establish the scientific direction of the Society, formulate EAS activities’ strategic plans, and have oversight of the Society’s financial management.
All EAS members are able to take part in the life of the Society by using their vote. Elections will be held June 1 – June 30, 2023.
The following candidates will stand for election to the vacant positions on the EAS Executive Committee.Read about the all candidates (access only for Full Members)Become an EAS member
Join us for the EAS Lipotoxicity Course, June 8-9
The Lipotoxicity course will provide a unique opportunity to explore the latest advancements in a narrow field. We highly recommend attending this event to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.
Ensure your attendance by registering for the event now.To registrationTo programme