EAS Rare Lipid Disorder Courses 2023
While the prevalence of each individual Rare Lipid Disorder is low, collectively they are important and the busy specialized practitioner will encounter patients with these conditions. Lipidologists need to be familiar with their diagnosis and treatment as they may be associated with high morbidity and mortality. EAS run Rare Lipid Disorder Courses to improve recognition and understanding in this. The courses’ objectives are to review practical aspects of evaluation and management, and to describe real clinical cases of these disorders.
The programme of Rare Lipid Disorder courses held during 2023 is now available on the website.
Do not miss the Advancd course in Rare Lipid DIsorders from Spain/Portugal, held Friday April 14, 16:00 CET.
Endorsed by Sociedade Portuguesa de Aterosclerose & Sociedad Española de Arteriosclerosis
Course directors: Prof Pedro Valdivielso and Dr Sequeira Duarte
Webinar- all you need to know about the CLEAR OUTCOMES trial results
- Introduction & welcome, by Chair, Lale Tokgozoglu, Turkey
- Study design, speaker Maciej Banach, Poland
- CLEAR Outcomes trial – results & key findings, speaker Steve Nicholls, Australia
- How will this change my clinical practice?, speaker Ulrich Laufs, Germany
- Panel Discussion: Maciej Banach, Ulrich Laufs, Steve Nicholls, Lale Tokgozoglu & Alberico L. Catapano
- Wrap up, summary, by Chair Alberico L. Catapano, Italy
EAS have independently created and organised the programme for this webinar. Financial support has been provided by Daiichi-Sankyo.
EAS Society & Governance: EAS Executive Committee elections 2023
Last call for nominations! Deadline March 01
Last chance to be an active member and nominate your candidates to the EAS Executive Committee, the elected governing body responsible for the running of the Society. Its members determine the scientific direction of the Society, and are responsible for strategic planning of EAS activities. Nominate your candidates for the following positions:
- President-Elect (2024-2028)
- Executive Committee member (2024-2027)
Deadline to nominate is March 1!
Please note you have to be an EAS Individual Member to be able to nominate a candidate for a vacant position at the EAS Executive committee.
Read here on how to become an EAS Individual Member >>
Register to EAS Congress in Mannheim, Germany
Join us May 21-24 in Mannheim, Germany to network with your colleagues from around the world, explore the latest science and innovation in atherosclerosis research and clinical practice, lectures by world leading experts, up-and-coming students, and everyone in between.
EAS Congress brings together delegates with wide-ranging interests, making for lively discussion and innovative approaches, as we tackle mutual challenges each from our own perspective.
The Congress features:
- Plenary sessions with lectures given by eminent speakers
- In-depth Workshops on selected cutting-edge topics
- Industry-supported symposia
- Science-at-a-Glance and poster presentations
- …and much more! Register today!