EAS Newsletter February 28, 2023
EAS Society & Governance:
EAS Executive Committee elections 2023
Last call for the nomination! Deadline tomorrow
Last chance to be an active member and nominate your candidates to the EAS Executive Committee, the elected governing body responsible for the running of the Society.
The EAS Executive Committee members determine the scientific direction of the Society, and are responsible for strategic planning of EAS activities. Nominate your candidates for the following positions:
- President-Elect (2024-2028)
- Executive Committee member (2024-2027)
The deadline to nominate is March 1!
Please note you have to be an EAS Individual Member to be able to nominate a candidate for a vacant position at the EAS Executive committee.
Read here on how to become an EAS Individual Member >>
Open Access Webinar – all you need to know about the CLEAR OUTCOMES trial results
It is our pleasure to invite you to a webinar organised by EAS for the Society’s clinical community, including the Lipid Clinic Network members and Society members.
The Cholesterol Lowering via Bempedoic acid, an ACL-Inhibiting Regimen (CLEAR) Outcomes trial will be discussed at ACC.23.
In this webinar, open to EAS scientific and medical community, EAS experts look into what these new results may mean in clinical practice.
Join this EAS webinar to gain understanding of the scientific basis for the study & the role of Bempedoic acid in lipid-lowering therapy and CVD management.
We will be discussing key messages from the trial results, and exploring the implications of the trial findings on clinical practice.
- Introduction & welcome, Chair Lale Tokgözoğlu, Turkey
- Study design, Maciej Banach, Poland
- CLEAR Outcomes trial – results & key findings, Steve Nicholls, Australia
- How will this change my clinical practice?, Ulrich Laufs, Germany
- Panel Discussion: Maciej Banach, Ulrich Laufs, Steve Nicholls, Lale Tokgözoğlu & Alberico L. Catapano
- Wrap up, summary, Chair Alberico L. Catapano, Italy
Registration is free
EAS have independently created and organised the programme for this webinar. Financial support has been provided by Daiichi-Sankyo.
Deadline for Early Bird registration, March 15
Join us May 21-24 in Mannheim, Germany to network with your colleagues from around the world, explore the latest science and innovation in atherosclerosis research and clinical practice, lectures by world-leading experts, up-and-coming students, and everyone in between.
EAS Congress brings together delegates with wide-ranging interests, making for lively discussion and innovative approaches, as we tackle mutual challenges each from our perspective.
The Congress features:
- Plenary sessions with lectures given by eminent speakers
- In-depth Workshops on selected cutting-edge topics
- Industry-supported symposia
- Science-at-a-Glance and poster presentations
- …and much more! Register today!
Early bird registration fee:
- EAS 2022 Member – age 35 or under € 200
(as of December 31, 2022)
- EAS 2022 Member – over age 35 € 375
- Non-member student € 300
- Non-member non-student € 600
- German Societies – Junior or Student member € 200
- German Societies – Regular member € 375
EAS Rare Lipid Disorder Courses 2023
While the prevalence of each individual Rare Lipid Disorder is low, collectively they are important and the busy specialized practitioner will encounter patients with these conditions. Lipidologists need to be familiar with their diagnosis and treatment as they may be associated with high morbidity and mortality.
EAS run Rare Lipid Disorder Courses to improve recognition and understanding in this. The courses’ objectives are to review practical aspects of evaluation and management, and to describe real clinical cases of these disorders.
The programme of Rare Lipid Disorder courses held during 2023 is now available on the website.
Do not miss the Advanced course in Rare Lipid Disorders from Cologne, Germany. Course director: Ioanna Gouni Berthold | Location/Format: Virtual | Language: English